You’ve got the raw talent in your organization. Your challenge is to develop, engage and prepare your talent for the leadership positions you need them to fill. You’ve got employees who are subject matter experts and strong contributors, but they lack people skills, soft skills, emotional intelligence, ability to manage change. They don’t receive feedback well, or they don’t change after receiving feedback. They lack self-awareness and either lack confidence or are overconfident in their relationships with their team members. You can trust them to get work done, but in order to help them move up in your company you need to be able to trust them to lead effectively.
We work with clients and the organization to assess current status, and to make changes quickly to get the results they want. Your company can see measurable ROI from your executives’ strengthened:
Schedule a free strategy session to inquire about an Executive Coaching Program tailored to your organization.
What are you doing to avert the Eight Problems That Teams Encounter?
1. Absence of team identity. Members may not feel mutually accountable to one another for the team’s objectives. There may be a lack of commitment and effort, conflict between team goals and members’ personal goals, or poor collaboration.
2. Difficulty making decisions. Team members may be rigidly adhering to their positions during decision making or making repeated arguments rather than introducing new information.
3. Poor communication. Team members may interrupt or talk over one another. There may be consistent silence from some members during meetings, allusions to problems but failure to formally address them, or false consensus (everyone nods in agreement without truly agreeing).
4. Inability to resolve conflicts. Conflicts cannot be resolved when there are heightened tensions and team members make personal attacks or aggressive gestures.
5. Lack of participation. Team members fail to complete assignments. There may be poor attendance at team meetings or low energy during meetings.
6. Lack of creativity. The team is unable to generate fresh ideas and perspectives and doesn’t turn unexpected events into opportunities.
7. Groupthink. The team is unwilling or unable to consider alternative ideas or approaches. There is a lack of critical thinking and debate over ideas. This often happens when the team overemphasizes team agreement and unity.
8. Ineffective leadership. Leaders can fail teams by not defining a compelling vision for the team, not delegating, or not representing multiple constituencies.
[Source: Adapted from the book Leading Teams: Pocket Mentor Series, Harvard Business Press, posted originally on Harvard Business Review Answer Exchange]
We offer Team Coaching using your team members’ CVI™ Profiles, and engaging them with Core Values Strategies, which will prepare your team members to:
Contact Christine today to bring your team to its fullest potential with Core Values Team Coaching.
You’re either starting your company or wanting to bring it to the next level. You’re pressed for time, trying to make more happen with less, constantly moving but getting nowhere new, shortchanging yourself on sleep and on family and other priorities. You’re lacking self-awareness, insight, strategy, organization, systems, processes and accountability to create sustainable changes which will lead to your business’s rapic growth.
By working with Christine Rose as your Small Business Business Coach Partner, you can experience results similar to her past and current clients, including
Book a Free Strategy Session today to learn more about how to accelerate your company’s growth with Christine’s Business Coaching Partnership Program.
Are you responsible for hiring great speakers for your next meeting, conference, event, or retreat? Offer your listeners a positive, lasting impact from your next event. Christine Rose is a Toastmaster (CC/CL) and dynamic speaker for keynotes, workshops, and breakout sessions. With authenticity and humor, Christine has informed and inspired groups from 25 to 400.
Inquire about hiring Christine Rose to speak at your event.